File Size of .velodoc attachment different from total size of files transferred (by design)

May 14, 2008 at 7:31 PM
I have Velodoc installed on Win XP  and Outlook 2007.
When I try attaching the files in Memba Velodoc Package Editor, I have attached 6 files with total size of 122.1MB.
However in the Outlook New Message window the attached file size is shown as 3KB. However all the files are delivered.
If I try attaching the 29.9MB File in Memba Velodoc Package Editor. It shows 931B in New Message window.
May 14, 2008 at 7:42 PM

In Manual Testing Test Plan,

Test Case 1: Installation

In the Add Remove Programs the Installed features does not include the VSTO Runtime. However other features are installed.

May 14, 2008 at 10:44 PM
Edited May 16, 2008 at 10:28 AM
Ganesh,

Thank you for participating in the discussions.
Your two comments pertain to two different subjects. In this case, please post separate discussions threads.

About the size: this is the way it should work. The .velodoc file sent as attachment is actually an XML file which only contains the data required to locate the files. So even though your files may total 1GB or more, a .velodoc file attachment will always only be a few KBs. That's the whole point of the software.

Test Case 1: installation: the software requires VSTO runtime to work. The only reason it does not install it is if it is already installed on your machine. Please go to Add/Remove Programs and check that you actually have the VSTO runtime.

Thanks for the feedback,
Jacques