Default account selection in Account Settings Status Bar

May 20, 2008 at 2:44 AM
Hi,

If there are 3 accounts say FTP, Velodoc Enterprise, Velodoc XP in Account Settings. The Status bar in the Account Settings window shows 3accounts, and name of one account (3 account(s), MY FTP Server).

If I select other account from the drop down, in the status bar nothing happens. Account setting details do not come up as per account selection.

If I select other account from the left pane of the account settings corresponding changes are not noticed in the status bar.

Is this how it should work?
Coordinator
May 20, 2008 at 11:23 AM
Yes, this is how it should work: the popup button in the status bar let's you select the default account which is used for transfers.

If you take Outlook, go to menu Tools -> Account Settings, you have a list of accounts and a button "Set as Default". This is exactly the same feature.
We have not used a button in the toolbar because we also wanted to be able to change the default account in the package editor and we wanted a consistent control, i.e. the popup button.

Maybe it would be clearer to display the default account in bold in the list view on the left or add (default) at the end of the name. This is not a bug.