Email received before file transfer has completed

May 29, 2008 at 9:02 PM
Jacques,

When sending a large file say 2 GB, the Hash/Compr and Transfer details are seen in the Transfer controller.

Check the transfer controller for the Progress details. When the file transfer is in Hash/Compr status check the receiver email account, this email is received even when the Transfer has not yet started from Memba Transfer Controller.

Receiver can start downloading the file only when the memba Transfer controller has started transferring.Since the mail is sent to reciver before it is transfered, receiver will try to download the file. It will not open the link correctly if file has not yet been transfered.

Mail should be sent to the receiver after the transfer is complete or if it is being tranfered. If it takes long time for the transfer then it will take long time for the reciver to download. ( Reciver does not know whether the mail is sent completely)

I  am sending the  attachments of the screen shot in RentACoder for the same.

May 29, 2008 at 9:11 PM

When sending the large Files, when you move the mouse over the Progress bar in Memba Transfer Controller it disappears but it will pop up after few seconds.

I am sending the screenshots for this case as well as the above one in RentACoder.

Let me know if I was clear in explaining.

Coordinator
May 30, 2008 at 10:00 AM
That's actually two different issues:

1) You can receive the email with download links before the file transfers have completed. This is a known issue.
There are other variations of the same problem, for example:
- the email may be sent and then you may cancel the transfer.
- the email may be sent and then you may pause the transfer for several days.
This is the way version 1.0 is designed to work. This is not really a bug but a function that is missing.
Anyway this is not a simple function to design and we have not yet found the "good" approach because we have one key requirement which is to be able to close Outlook or the Controller at any time and there is no simple way  for the Controller which runs out-of-proc to tell Outlook that a transfer has completed.
Please bear in mind this is only version 1.0 and improvements and enhancements are planned for future versions.

2) The progress bars in the controller are flickering and sometimes disappearing when you mouse over them.
This is also a known issue with the ownerdraw ListView component.
We have spent a lot of time on this issue and we are now convinced the issue is in the Microsoft component.
When you are moving your mouse, you can get the progress bars to reappear and it does have any impact on the transfer, so it is not a critical or major issue.
Nevertheless, if you feel like proposing a fix for this one, I would be more than happy.
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2008 at 8:02 AM
Edited Dec 2, 2008 at 4:02 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.