Error when sending large file from Limited Account User.

Jun 13, 2008 at 7:59 PM
Jacques,

As a limited user if you try to send a large file 2GB, error message is recived and transfer is not completed.
Some times file is sent successfully but most of the time it is not transfered correctly.

Error Message :  IO Exception : System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.FtpDataStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at Memba.Transfer.PlugIns.FTPPlugIn.Upload(Object state)

I am able to send files with small size with no error. Error is noticed for large files only. I am sending the screenshot  of the Transfer Controller with error message in RentACoder. 
Jun 14, 2008 at 6:29 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2008 at 6:33 PM
The problem has nothing to do with the user. IIS 5.1 on Windows XP has a known limit of 2GB like many servers.
The reason is because these servers represent the size of a file as an Int32 with 32 bits and 2^31=2GB.
In principle 2GB should work but in practice this is exaclty the limit and it does not always work.
Please confirm the bug with 1.9GB files.
Jun 16, 2008 at 9:40 PM
Jacques,

I tried sending 1GB file and received an error message  after the Hash/Compr. of the message.

ERROR:

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
   at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.SyncRequestCallback(Object obj)
   at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.RequestCallback(Object obj)
   at System.Net.CommandStream.Abort(Exception e)
   at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.FinishRequestStage(RequestStage stage)
   at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Memba.Transfer.PlugIns.FTPPlugIn.Upload(Object state)

Let me know if you need the screenshot for the same.
Jun 19, 2008 at 7:52 PM
I have tried with files of various sizes using the FTP plug-in and I do not seem to be able to reproduce the issue.
(Velodoc add-in running on Vista SP1 and FTP server running on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP1).
Screenshots are rarely useful. Please send exact steps to reproduce with a DebugView trace.